LawyerLocate.ca Inc. connects potential clients with lawyers and/or other professionals by providing broad exposure in newspaper and television advertising and on the Internet, coupled with a direct and fast connection to persons or companies seeking help with their legal or related problems.
LawyerLocate.ca Inc. receives electronic submissions from potential clients with the background information and description of their problems and these submissions will be sent to the lawyers (i.e., geographically and by practice areas) on the same business day.
Nothing. Your flat-rate membership fee includes provision of the referrals that match the profile information you provide us. There is never any additional charge associated with the referrals.
No. You are under no obligation to respond. If you choose to respond, you may do so by email or telephone to the potential client. The initial response is to be provided on a no fee basis to the potential client. The detail and length of your initial response is at your discretion. We do require that if you respond to the submission, you provide sufficient information to allow the potential client to make an informed choice of whether they wish to meet with you or retain your services.
As of today we are averaging over 3,000 unique visitors per day to our website. These are individuals and businesses from around the world that are looking for legal counsel in Canada. We also process thousands of email inquiries per month that are sent to us from individuals and business who wish assistance in locating a lawyer who can meet their needs. As of today, we have processed 122662 referrals since we started operating.
No. We routinely receive referral requests and visitors who are in search of a corporate lawyer. Our statistics show these visitors are more apt to contact the lawyer(s) directly, rather than use the referral service portion of our website. So, although you may not receive as many referral requests from us directly (in comparison to, say a family lawyer on our service) you will definitely benefit from being found on our website by potential clients.
Our service is not just about referrals. You can benefit from our television advertising campaigns and our superior search engine exposure.
Upon registration, you are able to select as many of the categories and sub-categories that apply to your practice. The annual registration fees that apply are the same for up to, and including, inclusion in all major areas.
We are not an exclusive listing service, but we will be limiting the number of lawyers in every category/city combination. We are committed to not taking unlimited registrations in any category, as we are aware that in order for the service to be beneficial to the legal community we cannot approach the “saturation” point.
No. Our fundamental belief is that although some individuals will “shop” for a “firm”, in most cases they are in search for an individual lawyer that will fit their personal needs. It is for this reason our directory is based on individual lawyer listings, rather than by firms.
Yes, discounts are available. Please contact us for more information on our discounting programs.
Payment can be conveniently made by credit card (Visa or Mastercard) or by cheque. (Please note that payment must be received in full prior to your listing with LawyerLocate.ca Inc. going "live" on the website.)
If you wish to pay by credit card you can do so by:
- online secure payments,
- over the phone (1-866-538-0376 or 519-650-3153),
- fax (1-866-685-0307), or
- regular mail.
Your online credit card payments are secured through our association with Moneris Solutions and the Trustwave Trusted Commerce Program. Moneris Solutions is a secure internet service provided in association with Royal Bank of Canada and Bank of Montreal.
Your Visa or Mastercard information is only used by Moneris - we do not receive or keep records of your credit card information at LawyerLocate.ca Inc. Our relationship with Moneris Solutions and the Trustwave Trusted Commerce Program assures that your online transactions are secure.
Please visit Moneris Solutions or Trustwave for further information.
LawyerLocate.ca Inc. was federally incorporated in 2002. You can read more about the company’s history on our About Us page.
No. Your return on investment will depend on several factors, including, but not limited to:
- The speed in which you respond to referral requests.
- How you choose to respond to the referral requests (i.e., by email or telephone).
- The way in which you present yourself on your profile page. For example:
- Will you provide a photograph? Is it a professional photograph or snapshot that was taken with a cellular phone?
- Will you take the time to provide a detailed description (up to 5000 characters) that highlights yourself, your practice and your areas of expertise?
- Will you select all areas of practice regardless of whether or not you truly do those types of files? Or will you take the time to select only those types of law that you truly practice and are seeking to expand your business into?
Although we are not able to guarantee a specific level of return on investment, we are happy to work with you in order to maximize your return on investment.
- We are 100% Canadian. 100% Canadian owned and operated. 100% focused on the Canadian legal profession.
- We have the most extensive database of its kind in North America. This allows you the opportunity to present your practice in a truly specific manner – a feature that is lacking in many similar services.
- We are not an exclusive-only listing service. This helps keep your costs down and helps keep our website traffic up.
- We advertise off-line in newspapers and on television. We do this to increase our brand awareness and to drive potential clients to our website.
- We present the directory in a randomized fashion. This means that you will appear at the top of the directory just as often as your competitor will. Many directory-type services don’t do this; they often only list in an alphabetical fashion.
- We make it easy for you. You don’t have to log in to a website to check for referrals. You don’t have to respond to any of the referrals we send you. You don’t have to report back to us.