At YYC Employment Law Group we take a fresh approach to employment law. We put you in touch with our Calgary-based employment lawyers directly - beyond providing you with experienced, proven and trusted legal advice, we guarantee responsiveness and timely communication. If you don't hear from us within a reasonable period of time (generally two business days or less) - whether it be in response to a question, request for information or otherwise - you're entitled to a credit against the cost of your fees. That's our promise to you. Accountability.
We're all about connecting with our clients and the community we serve; even better, we speak your language. Contact us today to find out more about our innovative, forward-thinking and client-focused model and how our team of dedicated employment lawyers will partner with you to resolve your employment issue. We're confident you'll see the difference.
Calgary Employment Law Redefined - Look Beyond the Expected
- Our model provides you with efficiency, value, peace of mind and certainty by offering reasonable flat-rate fees; you know what to expect from the second we start work on your file.
- Our goal is to facilitate timely access to well-trained and experienced employment lawyers at an affordable price point. It's all about you, the employee.
- We exclusively practice workplace law and only represent employees - we are passionate about our work which translates into strong employee advocacy and representation.
- Our employment lawyers have worked with some of Canada's largest national law firms, global companies and well-respected regional law firms, and have attended Canadian law schools where we excelled academically. We know employment law and previously acted for employers; we are intimately aware of how the other side works which fosters efficiency and effectiveness.
- We are life-long Calgarians and community-based lawyers knowledgeable of the local labour market and regional dynamics. We've grown-up in Calgary and worked here, just like you, before becoming employment lawyers. We'll navigate Calgary's complex legal landscape for you.
- We maintain an office location in the heart of Calgary's historic Beltline district. Our character office space is a solid representation of our brand, where new meets old with a fresh, laid-back, vibrant and entrepreneurial vibe. Swing by for a coffee and a chat.
- Not a fan of commuting downtown to meet your lawyer in-person? No problem - we reserve one day a week where we'll literally come to you and accommodate you on your schedule, and at any location you want within the City. Just say when and where and we'll be there. No traffic congestion, directions, parking hassles or fuel costs required - that's on us.
- Can't fit us in during regular business hours? No worries, we've got you covered - we reserve one Saturday per month for weekend appointments and one day per week for extended evening hours. We're here for you when you need us, whenever that may be.
We are dedicated employment lawyers and exclusively practice workplace law. We provide legal advice and representation to employees in all areas of workplace related legal matters. Our employment lawyers are true subject-matter enthusiasts and are dedicated to the cause. In fact, we know employment law so well, we translate it into plain English for you. We will provide you with client-focused advice and representation in all areas of employment law including, among others:
- wrongful dismissal and severance review;
- constructive dismissal;
- human rights, harassment and discrimination matters;
- drafting, reviewing and advising on employment agreements, restrictive covenants and non-disclosure agreements; and
- occupational health and safety matters.
YYC Employment Law Group is proud to be redefining the practice of employee-side employment law in Calgary and we are ranked among the Top Three Employment Law Firms in Calgary for 2019 according to ThreeBestRated.ca. We are also the 2020 Consumer Choice Award recipient for Lawyer - Employment Law in Calgary and Southern Alberta.
Choosing the right employment law firm for you is an important decision. Whether it's us or somebody else, you'll want to make sure your lawyer is the right fit. You need experienced, trusted, practical and easy-to-understand legal advice from a Calgary-based employment lawyer that is familiar with the nuances of the law and accustomed to getting results. Don't be afraid to ask questions, check reviews and pose follow-up questions before formally retaining an employment lawyer. In some instances, your household's well-being depends on it.
- We are led by life-long Calgarians - intimately familiar with our local labour market and community - and are dedicated entirely to serving you, the employees and people of Calgary, according to easy-to-understand and reasonable flat-rate fee structure.
- We have successfully represented employees in all areas of employment law and before all levels of court in Alberta.
- We were academic high-achievers in law school and have worked for some of the largest and most recognized law firms in Canada; for employers and know how they operate.
- Don't simply take our word for it. We'll put you in touch with our lengthy list of overwhelmingly happy clients, eager to tell you about how we really are different.
Connect With Us
We know our stuff. Let us be of assistance and help you navigate the complex legal landscape today. We're confident you'll see and like the difference. Contact us today and make sure you're protected.
Normal Geographical Limits to Practice
Reads and/or Writes: English
Dispute Resolution Services
Home Visits and/or Visits to Institutionalized Clients
Accepts Collect Calls
Returns Long Distance Messages