Michael Kim, BA, JD, LLM, is a lawyer licensed in Florida and Ontario, currently practicing criminal and immigration law in Toronto.
Michael is a litigator, regularly appearing before the court. He has appeared before the:
- US Immigration Court,
- Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada,
- Ontario Court of Justice,
- Ontario Superior Court of Justice, and
- Federal Court of Canada.
Aside courtroom appearances, he has represented clients before the:
- US Citizenship and Immigration Services,
- US Department of Homeland Security,
- US Immigration and Customs Enforcement,
- Canada Border Services Agency,
- Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada, and
- various Canadian Visa and Consular Offices.
Michael also works as a telephone duty counsel, providing legal advice to people who are detained or arrested at a port of entry, police station, or hospital.
Michael earned his Master of Laws from Osgoode Hall Law School, York University, Juris Doctor from a Florida Law School, and Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy from Tyndale University College.
Ontario & Florida
Normal Geographical Limits to Practice
Greater Toronto Area, including Milton, Newmarket, Orangeville, Bradford, Hamilton, Oshawa, and Brampton.
Reads and/or Writes: Korean
Accepts Legal Aid Certificates in the following areas: Criminal Law
Home Visits and/or Visits to Institutionalized Clients