Barry Fox formed Barry Fox & Associates in 1997, and has practiced Criminal Law exclusively since 1976. He graduated from the University of Toronto in 1974, and was called to the Bar in 1976. Certified by the Law Society of Upper Canada as a Specialist in Criminal Law.
- He has defended over 60 murder cases, over 1000 impaired driving cases, and over 1000 drug cases.
- Successfully conducted the first Right to Counsel defence in a drug case in Ontario.
- Successfully conducted the first Spousal Abuse defence in a homicide case in Ontario.
- Was successful in having a Court declare that the breathalyzer machine used in Ontario in Impared Driving cases, was in fact, not an approved machine.
- Successfully conducted numerous defences involving marijuana grow houses, trafficking in marijuana, cocaine and heroin.
- Conducted the first trial in Ontario involving the drug Doda.
- Criminal Lawyers Association of Ontario
- Metropolitan Toronto Lawyers Association
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
Normal Geographical Limits to Practice
Accepts Legal Aid Certificates in the following areas: CRIMINAL LAW
Accepts Collect Calls
Returns Long Distance Messages