Harry Mann has been practicing law in Mississauga since 1992. He was appointed as an Inquiry Officer under the Expropriations Act, RSO , 1990 in the Province of Ontario. Prior to commencing his own practice, Harry practiced with the Law Firm of Green and Spiegel in Toronto. From 1983 to 1988, Harry practiced law in India, specializing in criminal litigation and was counsel to some of the large Crown Corporations and Chartered Banks.
Harry grew up in the City of Patiala in the State of Punjab in India. He graduated from Punjabi University with a Bachelor of Arts, before earning a Bachelor of Laws also from Punjabi University. After immigrating to Canada in 1988, he enrolled at the University of Western Ontario where he graduated with a Bachelor of Laws in 1991. He was called to the Bar in Ontario in April 1992.
Among his many community and professional activities, Harry is currently the Chairman and has been a Director of the United Way of Peel Region since 2000. He was a Director of Peel Law Association from 2002 to 2005. He has served as the President of the Lions Club of Erin Mills in Mississauga from 1998 to 2000, and is a charter member of this club. He was on the Capital Campaign Cabinet of The Credit Valley Hospital Foundation. He is the President of South Asian Lawyer's Association. He is also the Executive Director of the Sikh foundation of Canada Inc., which was responsible for bringing the very successful Arts of the Sikh Kingdoms Exhibition to the Royal Ontario Museum. Harry has been profiled in news print media, and is frequently requested to comment on issues on radio and television. He has also been a guest speaker at educational and social functions.
Harry has been involved with the South Asian Heritage Foundation as its Chairperson. The Foundation celebrates the month of May as the South Asian Heritage Month pursuant to the South Asian Heritage Act, 2001. Harry was presented the Golden Jubilee Medal of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by the Governor General of Canada for making a significant contribution to fellow citizens, the community and to Canada.
Professional Experience and Accomplishments
- Have been successfully engaged in advising and representing clients as a lawyer in Ontario since 1992 and is the Principal lawyer of the firm Mann Law Barristers and Solicitors Professional Corporation.
- A legal career spanning over 24 years.
- Appointed as an Inquiry Officer, by the Attorney General of Ontario to hear and determine matters under the Expropriations Act, R.S.O 1990.
- Previously practiced with the law firm of Green and Spiegel in Toronto.
- Practiced as a lawyer in India from 1983 to 1988 specializing in criminal and family litigations, as well as acting Counsel for Crown Corporations and Charter Banks. Conducted prosecution and defence in court martial proceedings of army officers.
Other Experience and Accomplishments
- Member of Council of Champions of "Success by 6", a coalition of community partners with a mission to ensure that all children have the opportunity to fulfill their potential from birth to age six.
- Executive Member of Committee that raised $1.7million donations from the Punjabi Community for the Credit Valley Hospital.
- Involved in successful $1.2 million fund raising campaign for the Royal Ontario Museum's "Arts of the Sikh Kingdoms" Exhibition. The campaign involved an apolitical, secular and cross sectional fund raising strategy (including funds from the Provincial and Federal Governments, Corporate Canada and individual donors).
- Currently playing a significant role as a member of the Campaign Cabinet of the Credit Valley Hospital Foundation, for the $50 million Capital Campaign towards their $300 million expansion project
- Facilitated the funding of Sikh Studies Program at the University of Toronto for four years.
- Profiled in the news print media and requested to comment on relevant issues on radio and television by the media, including CBC and CFRB.
- Invited by the editorial board of CTV and CFTO to advise them on South Asian issues and programming.
- Guest speaker and Master of Ceremonies at several educational, social and political forums.
- Made written and oral submissions to the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Bill C-11, Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
- Reviewed report and provided comments on Court House security upgrades at Toronto.
About Mann Law
From the Greater Toronto Area to around the world, Mann Law has been serving clients for more than 23 years. We are experienced in a broad array of practice areas for both businesses and individuals. No legal matter is too large or too small for us to handle.
The team of lawyers at Mann Law is fluent in many languages and has been servicing clients around the world for more than twenty three years. Our offices are equipped with the latest technological tools available in the legal profession to help us serve our clients quickly and efficiently. These technologies include; Advanced computerized databases for quick response times to client questions, Online assessment and client information forms, an international link directly to our offices to serve our clients from anywhere in the world and an online real estate gateway to provide our clients fast and comprehensive services for real estate transactions.
Ontario, Punjab and Haryana
Normal Geographical Limits to Practice
Greater Toronto Area
Speaks: Punjabi, Hindi, Urdu
Reads and/or Writes: Punjabi, Hindi
Dispute Resolution Services
Third Party Neutral
Accepts Collect Calls
Returns Long Distance Messages