About John H. Yach
John Yach has developed a recognized expertise in complex employment-related matters, including:
- wrongful/constructive dismissal,
- human rights,
- labour relations,
- employment agreement negotiations,
- misappropriation of trade secrets / intellectual property,
- breach of fiduciary duties,
- disability insurance, and
- accommodation denials and requests for interlocutory / injunctive relief.
John's advocacy skills and depth of knowledge are highly valued by clients seeking aggressive yet efficient resolutions to their complex legal problems.
John has successfully represented individual clients from all areas of the workplace environment, including:
- high-tech sector employees
- senior federal and provincial government employees
- private-industry salaried employees disabled or injured employees; and
- start-up entrepreneurs.
John also represents institutional clients, including:
- educational institutions
- small and large businesses; and
- associations of employees.
John's practice is also focussed on serious personal injury matters, including motor vehicle accidents, slip and fall, recreational/sports injuries and occupier's liability.
John has successfully appeared before various adjudicative bodies, including:
- the Ontario Superior Court of Justice,
- the Ontario Divisional Court,
- the Ontario Court of Appeal,
- the Federal Court of Canada,
- the Federal Court of Appeal,
- the Canadian Human Rights Tribunal,
- the Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario,
- the Canada Industrial Relations Board,
- various Boards of Arbitration,
- the Ontario Municipal Board and
- the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board of Ontario.
Normal Geographical Limits to Practice
City of Ottawa and surrounding regions.
Dispute Resolution Services