About Andrea Lamy
Andrea Lamy is an associate lawyer with Walsh LLP. Andrea's practice focuses on estate planning, tax and corporate law. She assists clients with a variety of estate planning matters, including the preparation of wills, enduring powers of attorney, personal directives and estate administration matters. She is an empathetic listener who works closely with her clients to guide them through a sensitive decision-making process while providing comprehensive advice to help them achieve their estate planning goals. Andrea also advises clients on business succession planning, corporate reorganizations including estate freezes, restructurings, post-mortem tax planning and the tax-efficient separation of matrimonial property.
Andrea is currently a student member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) and is enrolled in the Diploma Program. Andrea has completed the Canadian Bar Association's Tax Law for Lawyers Course and the Chartered Professional Accountants In-Depth Tax Course. Andrea believes in the importance of giving back to the community and is currently volunteering as a Programming Committee Member of Women Investing in Knowledge (WINK). In the past, she has volunteered with Hull Child and Family Services as a mentor for young children in the New Roads Program and as a newsletter writer for the Learning Disabilities Association of Alberta.
Prior to joining Walsh LLP, Andrea practised at a national law firm, and worked in both the healthcare industry and the oil and gas industry.
Education and Professional Development
- Bachelor of Science (Honours Program)
- University of Alberta Bachelor of Laws
- University of Calgary Canadian Bar Association
- Tax Law for Lawyers
- In-Depth Tax Course, Parts I, II and III, Chartered Professional Accountants
- Canada Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP), currently enrolled in the STEP Canada Diploma Program
- Law Society of Alberta
- Canadian Bar Association
- Calgary Bar Association
- Canadian Tax Foundation (CTF)
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP)
- Estate Planning Council of Calgary
- The Business and Professional Women's Club of Calgary
- Women Investing in Knowledge (WINK)
Areas of Practice
- Wills, Estates & Trusts
- Tax, Business and Corporate Law
Normal Geographical Limits to Practice
City of Calgary