Jonathan is a Toronto Business Lawyer who vigorously advocates for his clients and is accessible virtually 24/7 through phone, email and fax. Contact Jonathan for a free consultation at 1-855-416-0416. Tell your story, ask questions, and ensure that you are fully informed to make the right decisions every step of the way.
An example of services offered by Jonathan:
- General Corporate Counsel: Imagine the advantage of literally having a Toronto business lawyer in your back pocket. Jonathan Kleiman is on call every day to answer your questions. No matter is too small to be worth verifying when you are not entirely sure. Your business requires that you make the right decisions, which requires that you fully understand their implications. You don't have time to wait.
- Incorporations: Set up your business the right way with advice from a Toronto business lawyer that listens to all of the details of your business plan and organizes your business for success
- Corporate Governance: Your Toronto business is only as good as the team that manages it, and your Toronto business lawyer should always help you structure the ideal system by which your company is directed and controlled. A proper structure will strengthen the relationships between you, your company's management, its board, its shareholders and other stakeholders.
- Contracts and Agreements: In business it often takes many years before anybody has to rely on the very specific terms of an agreement, and your Toronto lawyer should be able to predict the issues that could arise down the road. Spending the time to ensure that your agreement works for you and will continue to do so in the future is well worth it.
- Small Claims Matters: You should reason with people until they become unreasonable, and then hand the matter over to your Toronto business lawyer. There's no reason to lose sleep over a dispute when your lawyer can be trusted to utilize the small claims court to enforce your rights quickly and affordably.
- Negotiation: Every relationship requires the occasional negotiation. No matter how simple or complex the agreement, you need to be able to negotiate the terms so that they're in your favour while protecting the relationship. Whether you need an advocate to negotiate on your behalf or just advice to weigh strategic options, your Toronto business lawyer should be able to help you at every step of the way. Jonathan has extensive negotiating experience which has been specifically cited in the Financial Post.
- Landlord Tenant Board: Your Toronto business lawyer will help you to resolve disputes in front of the Landlord Tenant Board, whether you are the landlord or the tenant. Legal issues become simple when you are able to rely on the help of a professional. Don't waste your precious time dealing with trivial matters. Involve a trusted Toronto business lawyer instead.
- Internet Law/E-Commerce: When you sell your goods or services online you may form agreements with your customers without ever meeting them in person. Your Toronto business lawyer will help you to ensure that your online policies and your purchase agreement leaves you protected. Your lawyer will help you spell out the terms of the relationship so that you don't get stuck in a dispute with one of your customers.
- Trade-marks: Jonathan can help you secure the exclusive right to use your business name in Canada for your purposes. A trade-mark can be extremely useful whether you are encouraging others to respect your exclusive rights or whether you are asking the court to enforce them. Your Toronto business lawyer will be able to file your trade-mark and see it through to registration so that you are fully protected.
- Confidential Information: Jonathan will help you fully understand how to keep your confidential information a secret. Use the law and contracts to your advantage by keeping your business lawyer on call at all times so that you can get a quick agreement drafted even when there seems like there may not be time. Down the road you will be very happy you took the time to get a contract drafted by a lawyer.
Normal Geographical Limits to Practice
Greater Toronto Area