Terms & Conditions
- LawyerLocate.ca Inc. connects potential clients with lawyers and professionals in other fields.
- Our service provides the lawyer and other professionals with broad exposure on the Internet, coupled with a direct and fast connection to persons or companies seeking help with their legal or related problems.
- LawyerLocate.ca Inc. will receive electronic submissions from potential clients with the background information and description of their problems and these submissions will be sent to all appropriate lawyers on the same business day. Professionals such as trustees or accountants will receive similar information by email from people seeking their services.
- When you receive the email, it is up to you to decide if you wish to respond.
- If you choose to respond, you may do so by email or telephone to the potential client.
- The initial response is to be provided on a no fee basis to the potential client. The detail and length of your response is at your discretion.
- We require that if you respond to the submission, you provide sufficient information to allow the potential client to make an informed choice of whether they wish to retain your services.
- Once you book an appointment or consultation with the potential client, you are to advise the potential client of any and all fees and costs for your service. For example, if you book a potential client for a consultation and you are charging a fee for the consultation, you must ensure that you advise the potential client of that charge in advance.
- You are under no obligation to provide free consultations. That is up to you. If you do provide free consultations, then you can advise of your fees and costs at the consultation.
- By joining our service you will significantly enhance your market exposure via the internet.
- The cost for our basic service is as follows: $750 plus GST/HST per year. This will entitle you to receive all email submissions during your membership from potential clients seeking legal or related services. You also receive your own profile page that lists your name, practice area(s) and contact information (including website link, if applicable).
- Near the end of your annual subscription period, you will be sent a renewal invoice. Should you not wish to renew your membership at the end of your existing membership, you are required to notify LawyerLocate.ca Inc. in writing with your instructions to cancel your membership.
- At any time during the subscription, should you wish to end your contract with our service, you may cancel at any time. Please note that subscriptions cancelled in the middle of a subscription period may remain active until the last day of the subscription period and then expire. We do not credit for the remainder of the term, regardless of the term length chosen during registration. There are no refunds.
- All email submissions provided by this service are referrals only to the subscriber. The subscriber shall not distribute or provide any other person with the referral. This will ensure the value of the service all subscribers receive.
- All information provided by potential clients are to be kept confidential.
- The lawyer subscribing to this service hereby certifies that she/he is properly licensed and duly qualified to practice in the appropriate field and relevant jurisdiction. The lawyer or other professional hereby undertakes to notify LawyerLocate.ca Inc. if she/he should become disqualified from practice for any reason.
- LawyerLocate.ca Inc. reserves the right to terminate the service to the subscriber should the subscriber cease to be licensed, or breaches any of the terms of this agreement.
Please contact us. We would be pleased to answer any questions you may have.